Systems Engineer - Irvine, CA
Maztech Industries — We are a technology company specializing in rapid development of military and commercial electro-optical systems including night vision, laser warning and identification, ranging, and associated capabilities.
We are looking for a passionate, hard-working, and talented Systems Engineer who will be a part of every aspect of the product’s development. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a significant impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting-edge products.
As a member of our team, you will be responsible for the development and launch of core product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define product features, driving the system architecture, and spearheading best practices to ensure a quality product.
Key responsibilities include:
• Assist in developing system specifications, systems engineering management plans, interface control documents, test plans, and test procedures
• Ensure the finished product meets the design objectives and any other appropriate criteria associated with the system requirements and Statement of Work.
• Develop and execute system integration plans to ensure seamless interoperability among system components.
• Conduct comprehensive testing, verification, and validation to meet performance and reliability standards.
• Identify potential risks and develop mitigation strategies to minimize impact on project timelines and goals.
• Work closely with cross-functional teams to address technical challenges and improve system performance.
• Prepare and maintain accurate and thorough documentation related to system design, development, integration, and testing processes.
• Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of engineers, technicians, and other professionals to achieve project objectives.
• Support System Requirements Reviews, Preliminary Design Reviews, Critical Design Reviews, Test Readiness Reviews, System Readiness Reviews, In Process Reviews, etc.
• Provide assistance in managing and documenting system configurations.
• Participate in test coordination and oversight for all applications and systems supported by the program.
• Perform systems analyses including trade studies and failure mode analyses.
• Work with project leads to ensure an integrated product that conforms to all requirements.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to teamwork, collaboration, and strong communication skills are absolute requirements.
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or a related field.
• Proven experience in designing, integrating, and testing defense systems or complex engineering projects.
• Proficiency in system modeling and simulation tools
• Excellent problem-solving skills and a demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• MS degree in Systems, Electrical, Computer Engineering or a related field
• Knowledge of relevant programming languages (e.g., C++, Java) and software development methodologies.
• Familiarity with systems engineering tools
• Experience in working with classified and sensitive information.
• BS-ME or MS-ME
• Irvine, CA
• $100,000 - $150,000
At Maztech, we do not just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Maztech Industries offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401(k), vacation, PTO, etc.). There is no relocation allowance available for this position.