Electrical Engineer- Irvine, CA
Maztech Industries — We are a technology company specializing in rapid development of Military and Commercial optical systems: Night Vision, Laser Warning and Identification, Ranging, and associated capabilities. We are looking for a passionate, hard-working, and talented Electrical Engineer who will be a part of every aspect of the product’s development.
As a member of the team, you will be responsible for the development and launch of core product features. Our vertically integrated company, including operations and engineering staff, are experienced veterans in providing low-power, lightweight solutions for capturing imagery across the spectrum. Our passion for supporting the user community and their mission demands excellence in everything we do, from the talent we recruit to the highly engineered systems we deliver. We value people, integrity, ideas, and performance.
This position offers a challenging opportunity to design cutting edge low SWAP-C vision systems. Working with a multi-disciplinary technical design team, you will drive the design, implementation, and testing of military and commercial-based systems. To be successful, you must accept ownership of the product’s design and development while satisfying the needs and concerns of all stakeholders. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
Key responsibilities include:
· Circuit board design and layout, including digital and analog circuitry with an emphasis on digital PCB layout.
· Interface with Board Fabrication / Assembly House in order to maintain high-yield manufacturing standards.
· PCB package generation and maintenance; including Gerber generation, fabrication and assembly drawings, and bill of materials.
· Coordinate with mechanical engineers to achieve robust mounting provisions and resolve other mechanical concerns involving the PCBs including thermal design and SWaP optimization.
· Coordinate with software engineers in design reviews, troubleshooting and participate in design architecting
· Follow a design from initial requirements definition through test and delivery.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to teamwork, collaboration, and strong communication skills are absolute requirements.
· Circuit board schematic capture and layout.
· Good interpersonal and communication skills.
· The ability to work well in a team environment.
· Proficiency with Altium electrical PCB design software is highly preferred.
· Layout experience with high component density, multi-layer micro-via, blind / buried via board design.
· Experience with flex and flex rigid board design.
· Strong system integration and troubleshooting skills including root cause analysis.
· Experience designing with embedded DSPs and FPGAs.
· Experience with low power battery operated electrical design including SMPS circuitry
· Experience designing high integrity, high speed digital circuits
· Experience in RF design
Job Type: Full-time
· Bachelor’s of Science degree in Electrical Engineering.
· Minimum 2 years as a Design Engineer.
· Irvine, CA
Required work authorization:
· United States Citizen or Green Card Holder.
$100,000 - $150,000
At Maztech, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Maztech Industries offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401(k), vacation, PTO, etc.). There is no relocation allowance available for this position.
Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen or Green Card Holder.